This Portrait Challenge is only open to members of SA Portrait Society.
The objective is to create an artwork in which the fashion (clothes/attire) of the model is in intricate or important part of the artwork.
Closing Date: 31 Augustus 2017
No Entry Fees
Winners: The Top 10 Entries will feature on our site and other social media platforms, with direct contact details to each artist’s respective pages.
- Artworks may not be older than 5 years
- Artworks may not have won in any previous art competitions (National or International)
- Artworks must be the artist’s own. No copies of master or contemporary artists will be allowed. If you want to make use of a photographer’s work you must have his/her express written permission
- There is no size limitations, as all entries are online
- You can enter artworks that has already sold or was created specifically as a commission
- You may enter a detail picture of an existing artwork or enter the picture as a whole. Whichever you prefer
- You do not have to use a live model, but as working from real life, usually gives more depth and realism it can be beneficial
- This challenge is currently limited to traditional media, which includes painting, drawings, sculpture and printmaking. You may combine various mediums, so long as your image does not contain digital modified images or photography.
- Level of Difficulty
- Attention to Detail
- Creativity and Originality
- Aesthetic Value